View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2010, 19:07
Dave Ed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Operation Sandstorm

More pics via Kevin Pickering.

Kev notes:

Operation Sandstorm, Dubai 79.

"The Guppy flew in for cargo including a chain on board. They left the chain until last to unload and as it was dragged aft so the aircraft sat on it's tail."

Dave note:

The "Sandstorm over the Gulf" document is page 1 of a 100 page postscript that was languishing, long forgotten, in a top floor filing cabinet at Redhill and now languishing with me. An interesting read!!
A senior management secretary gave it to me thinking I could use it on the skyweaver website but I could never work out the copyright issues or the possible embarrasment it could create for the company should they ever have the opportunity of future Iranian contracts.
I think it was written by a pilot's wife who was a journalist??????????
Any suggestions????? Have to scan it all first

Can't escape 212s! Just regained my 212 B2 approval so I can oversee and sign for an avionic mod programme on an Ex Gulf Heli machine FBH are sending out to Belize. Spend half my life at RAF Shawbury now! The first helicopter I worked on, at Redhill, after joining Bristows from a fixed wing BA apprenticeship, was a 212!! I was 20 I think around 1979.
Quite a few old Bristow machines now with FBH and now I have regained a 212 approval I fear I will be seeing a lot more of them!