PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2010, 18:10
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening Ladies and Gents,

Hope all is well and good, and hope you are all reading this in high spirit.
Today is my 22 day in Maun and still in the same position as i was on my first day here (looking for work). But in these 22 days i have made good friends, seen some amazing places. That is not what i had 22 days ago.

I have made a rule at Audi camp with the lads. I ill buy anyone a shot as long as i choose what shot. 2 minutes ago i had my second victim who i gave 3/4 tabasco sauce 2 fresh chopped chilles and the rest stroh rum. I do feel sorry for him now. But im sure the feeling will go away soon.

Headed down to the airport this morning, and after breakfast went back to the operator to carry on helping them with some computer stuff. I've not got a job but it feels good working.

Got back to the camp early around 3 and witnessed the biggest storm i have ever seen. My tent is drenched so am sitting wondering what kind of sleep im going to be having.

It's a funny place Maun, i came here a stranger hateing the place but once you get to know the place and people you get attched to it very quickly. But i must not loose my focus i am here to find work!!

Im scared about moving on to somewhere else to find work but i felt the same before coming here. I'm not too sure what to do now, but i know that i must hunt for my food.

Like many i have a dream about finding a job and making an honest woman out of someone and settling down. But i cant go doing the rest until i have something that will help support my future family.

I get some great positive remarks on here and when i read them it makes me smile. But at the same time im asking all of you reading this if you hear of any place or have any contacts that will help me find work please please please PM me.

I know im sounding desprate and i know i shouldnt. A few of our senior pilots have said dont sound desprate. And to those who gave me that advice i hope you are not upset for me grovelling. But im in tight spot!

To those who are thinking of becoming a pilot because they love flying dont let my journey put you off, Im a great believer in things somehow just seem to work out. But if your doing it for the money or glamour find something else. We as pilots have a responsibilty when we are working. Making sure safety is above all things and remembering that people have put trust in us to deliver them to there destination.

Im no saint, not at all i have a laugh like everyone else but when we have been tasked to fly people we must put all other things aside and focus.

I dont know why im giving this advice im in no position to and certainly dont have a job. But dont come into this industry other than for the love of it.

22 days have gone by as if it were yesterday. With nothing to do all day you will be suprised how fast time passes you by.

Spoke to my mother today, the sweetest woman in my life. Who said to me "dont let yourself down just remember im still here the world hasnt come to an end". Thats all you want to hear from your mother is that dont worry son whenever you fall i be there to help you up. No other relationship can offer that security. Sorry just being a sentamentle ****!!

Anyway guys, as always keep your spirits high, your courage strong and your hopes high. We will all come through this rough patch it's just not our time yet. But it will be soon, so hang in there.

Take care!!