PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 21st Jan 2010, 16:37
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I seem to be the only surviving customer on this thread ...

Originally Posted by JayPee28bpr
I'll give you an example of the latter. A few pages back Slidebustle detailed some aspects of the new work arrangements she feels aren't working and said "I'm going to feed back to my manager". The impression given is that the fedback will be constructive. Ideally it will involve suggestions of how to change/improve arrangements so they do work. Most importantly, however, such feedback looks as though it will be of the "punters aren't getting what they think they paid for" variety, and not "it isn't in my T&Cs".
Now, imagine she also says, "I'm in PCCC. We've discussed this and suggest we do X, Y, and Z to see if we can make it work. We're happy to trial it for you if you agree". I'm going to assume here that where SB has issues correlates to relatively poor customer feedback. If this is a reasonable assumption, we now have a position where SB's manager also has an opportunity to look smart in front of his/her manager, by identifying the reasons for the poor customer feedback and putting forward some options to try and improve things. Even better for BA generally is that PCCC offers an organised group willing to engage in product development and management from a customer marketing perspective, not one of "does it comply with our work agreements?".
We customers would be grateful for that sort of positive engagement with the company, I suspect. I have previously expressed dissatisfaction with levels of customer service here; I now have a greater understanding of how and why that may have arisen.

The bottom line remains ... that it is the customers who pay to operate the airline. See my earlier post; I'm now taking about a £6k bet on being able to fly in April, following further 'investment' today.

Not a time for posturing, folks, regardless of how strongly some people feel. We, and our money, will simply walk away. And BA goes away with us.

Again, good luck to you all.