PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for ICUS
Thread: Paying for ICUS
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2010, 13:12
JohnnyK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If If If.

Well Done.
A victory for the working class. An advertisement has been taken off a website. The bourgeious has capitulated. Net result. Nil. Another successful lose-lose for those that pepper their sentences with with "what should happen is..", and"we should all..." and then do exactly nothing. This is called stirring and is,in fact, a great Australian pastime.The fact of the matter is that we are all out there in the market place alone, competing for the scraps and morsels available and no amount of pipe dreaming on PPRUNE about better conditions and days gone by are going to magically improve the lot of GA. Its is up to you, the individual, to make your choices and get ahead and fight for your terms and conditions yourself because, as sure as death and taxes, your aviation brothers are not going to do it for you despite all the hot air here to the contrary. This may involve joining a union or it may involve some firm words with your employer or it may just be acting smart and finding leverage where you can. Or it may, shock,horror involve paying somebody to gain some hours because it will benefit you and your family.The market is the great dictator here and hopefully, with all this hiring ramping up, the boot will be back not on our, but your, foot. If you choose to do your bit and help out those you are in a position to help, directly and materially with words of advice or a word to the boss or a finger point in the right direction then I salute you. I have been helped like this and have helped others and its got me work and Ive got others work and it actually works hell of a lot more that sitting around carping about higher wages and longer lunch hours. I sit back and wait for the roasting....