PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 21st Jan 2010, 11:56
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAcrewboy

I have a different thought to that above and I can understand why you are keen to retain some form of representation and legal support.

Disciplinaries aside (I'm sure you're too well-behaved for that) there are other occasions, through no fault of your own, when you may come into conflict with the company and have need of representation. Our sickness policy is such that one can easily fall into problems often through nothing more than bad luck. Injuries at work are, however, where your legal representation comes into its own. I could regale you for hours with stories of crew who have faced the mighty BA legal department in court after an injury sustained either on-board or at Cranebank and that is why it is advisable for all crew to have access to legal cover. You could take out an insurance policy but ultimately its cheaper to pay a union subsrciption. You are only ever a turbulent flight, sudden braking on the taxi-way, plastic bag in the aisle, punch in the face, etc. away from needing it. Cheery subject this!

I am BA crew and these are my thoughts only not that of my employer.

Last edited by ottergirl; 21st Jan 2010 at 11:59. Reason: disclaimer added