PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 21st Jan 2010, 11:53
sidtheesexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wingswinger - didn't realise my post came over as a rant - blunt definitely, but a rant? I had hoped not and on re-reading would politely contend that it is not.

I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible. My understanding of your analogy is that the 'ball' is this type of exploitative deal whereby the tyro pilot is expected to shoulder an unfairly high proportion of the training costs and/or worse still, effectively pay to get RHS time.

Based on that being a correct understanding, well I don't need to make a 'coherent' argument to justify why such schemes are morally indefensible. Isn't it painfully obvious?

So, if we can agree that said 'ball' is an extremely harmful cancer, does it not follow if less 'men' (boys perhaps?) were willing to play the 'ball' then perhaps the cancer wouldn't spread so quickly?

I really hope you are merely playing devil's advocate here Wingswinger. Unfortunately, I suspect not...........possibly due to some sort of personal or financial involvent.....I do not know - I can only speculate.

So, in conclusion, I'll reiterate that the folks who succumb and sign on the dotted line WRT these schemes are SHAFTING THEMSELVES, THE INDUSTRY and the rest of US.