PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for Finnair
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2010, 10:40
WHBM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
I've always enjoyed Finnair as well, and their cool Scandinavian style in the cabin. Helsinki airport seems well organised too. But the comments above are true, their ground ops do seem to sometimes go awry.

For example, connecting at Helsinki, late off the blocks at Heathrow (probably down to handling agent), long delay in holding for departure, then got to Helsinki where we got put in a VOR hold due to "high traffic levels" (surprising but true at Helsinki in the afternoon), then when we finally got in we were the one aircraft on the non-Schengen side who didn't get a gate assigned, and so remote stand and a bus in. And yet we were the busiest flight. So all the connecting delay margin which had seemed so generous got used up.

Did I make connection ? Well, by skin of teeth I did. Helsinki regulars will know that long, long passage between the international and domestic sides. Most aggravating was to then be bussed out to stand, ending up right next to our A321 from London ! These seemed to be the only two remote parked aircraft that afternoon.