PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 21st Jan 2010, 07:55
Wingswinger

Location: Hampshire physically; Perthshire and Pembrokeshire mentally.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sidthesexist,

you are unable to accept that well, there really is no hope. If you are UNWILLING to accept it, well, take your head out of the sand. Sorry, but that's the way it is.
A bit "play the man rather than the ball", don't you think? That's what I was gently objecting to in post 337. My head is not in the sand. I work for a company whose Operations Director is known to think training captains an inconvenient cost, nothing more. I think these schemes are immoral and dishonourable and as one who had to attempt to train some "pay to fly types" in a simulator in 2008 I am in no doubt that pure "pay to fly" is no way to recruit pilots for the airline industry. I found two of them so lacking in basic piloting skills I was appalled that they had even managed to gain CPLs. It is well known that a MyTravel A320 main landing gear was bent in July 2007 by a "pay to fly" trainee.

A colleague whose judgement and opinion I respect has been interviewing some of the OAA applicants. He tells me that the calibre of them is high and it is clear that some selection has been done. The OAA 20 have been in the pipeline for a couple of years so embarked on their courses before the present difficulties struck. That should be borne in mind, I feel. I also know, from another source, that the number of applicants for class 1 medicals has fallen significantly in recent times. It would appear that the flow is dwindling. Soon it may be little more than a dribble.

During my time in aviation I have seen some poor terms and conditions. They didn't last long when the market turned as it surely will. Instead of ranting here and simply asserting what you believe, why don't you write as I suggested, presenting a reasoned, coherent argument against the CTC/OAA schemes.

Last edited by Wingswinger; 21st Jan 2010 at 08:43.