PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for Finnair
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2010, 02:38
747JJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got similar problems with other companies operating codeshare flights. That is the inability or unwillingness of the company operating the flight helping with connections when there is a delay.

Worst case was a KLM ticket on a Air France codeshare flight operated by Air Europa from AGP to BRU via CDG I think it was. Pick up the ticket from the airport they said. Well Air Europa had an office that opens 1.5h before their first departure. Full of people flapping and they had no idea how to issue me a ticket. After a lots of calls to KLM in AMS and AF I managed to sort it out to be the last person to board the aircraft.

Lots of similar stories. Lufthansa, SAS, Blue1 combo etc same thing. But it is the delay of one flight and connection to a flight operated by someone else than the company issuing the ticket that throws the monkey wrench into the picture.

I've started to carry plenty of phone numbers with me. If I cannot get a hold of the country office or contact of a particular airline, I call another country office, US is good as most airlines there have a 24h line or the contact number in their base. Cost is not an issue when using internet service such as skype. Worked quite ok for me of late.