PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MACC Closure
Thread: MACC Closure
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2010, 23:52
Ceannairceach
Disappointed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MACC Closure

So the momentous, for us at least, day (or should that be night) approaches when after 35 or so years the Manchester sub-centre and latterly area control centre shuts it's doors and switches off it's BARCOs and overheads for the last time.

By Saturday morning we should all be ensconsed in our well-lit new home a few hundred miles to the north. To those crews reading (hopefully) you won't notice a difference, the voices will remain the same for some time to come, albeit perhaps with a clearer tone.

As a MACC'er, I'd like to wish all of my soon-to-be-ex-colleagues and characters leaving the company at the end of this week for pastures new, all the very, very best - I know a few like chiglet post on here, so best of luck to you all....

I don't think I'll ever work at such a close-knit, friendly and frankly funny unit again and I hope our brand of rebellious camaraderie won't be diluted by the colder Scottish air, the smaller fridge, the single microwave and the fact that there's no Spar or Greggs downstairs