PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen Low Altitude Enroute Charts
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2010, 21:33
IO550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IO540
Thanks for that. I would agree that Jeppview is prohibitively expensive for the average low to moderate user and that copying or borrowing plates from someone else is the cheapest way to go.

You mentioned that you print enroute chart sections and also plates from your Flitestar program, costing circa £500 a year to keep updated. Does this update both the software and the navigation data? If so, you have everything you technically need for IFR and airways flight as long as you preprint the sections required for enroute and destination/ diversion airfields when planning a flight.

Have I interpreted this correctly? By the way I am familiar with your site which is quite excellent. I commend your approach to just filing airways everywhere and climbing through cloud layers to get on top. How deep a freezing cloud layer will you willingly climb through with the help of turbo and deiced prop? Do you notice easier climbs over the Channel and further south than over northern Britain where temps may be slightly lower and frontal activity more pronounced?