PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 20th Jan 2010, 19:11
binsleepen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

I am a member (former member?) of BA's pilot hold pool. I wrote to BA yesterday also volunteering to help if required as I very much want BA to survive and prosper so they will recruit and expand in the (near?) future. I got a very quick and appreciative reply this morning from a senior BA Capt. He said that unfortunately due to the legalities of employing individuals from outside BA they are unable to use me. Only people from within BA's present work force could be used. I guess this would also apply to the CC hold pool and any recent retiree's?

Big Brutha I don't know why but one of my post from a couple of days ago has been deleted. Maybe because it was off topic, but you have rightly been criticising those who want to bring BA down. I obviously don't understand the technology but you said you have only been on pprune for a couple of years yet your join date says Jun 2001 and in the post that A Lurker alluded to you say,

I can vouch for approximately 50ish pilots here, and they are all prepared to see the company go under if thats what it takes. With respect, its completely irrelevant what the general public or indeed other pilot groups think.
my bold

Can you explain this?

Regards