PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 20th Jan 2010, 18:30
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave747436,

I can confirm that it is on cf. The sad thing is that it doesn't even surprise me anymore.

On a different note, it seems that unite are getting worried about the PCCC already:

This was sent out to unite cc members via email:

EMAILS FROM 'THE PROFESSIONAL CABIN CREW COUNCIL'

We believe that BA management are setting up a ‘Professional Cabin Crew Council’ and have had reports of members being sent anonymous emails regarding the setting up of this council. If you receive any emails or correspondence please pass them onto us in confidence so that we can find out who is behind this venture. This ‘Council’ is not a recognised trade union and if crew join it they will not have the safety and security of being in a proper trade union. Be under no illusion, this ‘Council’ is purely a way of eroding the power of your union (the largest in the UK.) The company have clearly got no interest in what you as a crew member think about your job.

Unite seem to think that the PCCC is a BA management initiative. I can categorically state that this was not, nor has it ever been the brainchild of BA management. We are Cabin Crew (not pilots, that some would like to believe).

Gg

I am BA cabin crew and this is my own viewpoint and not that of BA.

Last edited by Glamgirl; 20th Jan 2010 at 18:32. Reason: slight tecnical problem