PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 20th Jan 2010, 17:48
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK here goes MissM. I do not like imposition either. The imposed crew complements and the service routines that go with it are not brilliant as they have not been trialled. Most of my flights have been fine though, some are not so good but I will just feed it back. I am not going to say let's put 6 crew on a 319 to CDG back on (ok maybe a 4th!) But, we have to accept that in effect the company was forced to do this really, as talks had got nowhere, company losing a large amount of money. Apparently the union were showing ''we're not changing so there'' attitude for 9 months.... how much longer should BA wait, we still would have not made any changes (and therefore no savings) now as where have the new round of talks got to - nowhere! Again! Sound familiar!

I am extremely unhappy with the situation! We all are I think no matter what side of the fence you are on. But, the crux is after the strike what will the union do? If there of course is a BA left. What will going on strike for 12 days achieve? WW is not going to back down. He needs permanent change. It is as simple as that. I agree the ideal way forward is negotiation. Both sides, unfortunately are not budging... however I can see BA's reason they need to save money permanently!! Unite put forward just 1 proposal which hardly saved anything permanently. There are things to add to it. The negotiation table looks very much like table tennis with it going back and forth back and forth with nothing actually being done!!! Because of this, Unite are failing us crew because if it continues BA will have no choice but to impose other changes. And we don't want that!

It is so demorilising at the moment. Really awful!