PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2010, 17:08
outershell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DesertHawk

DesertHawk, Thanks for you response.

You are right, the company should be increasing its level of service and correct in saying that this may not be the case if like the one of the points in the the plan that I would implement would mean leaving the number s in the cabin down.

However the minimum required that I am suggesting for 320 flights should be 4 and of course maximum current configuration 5 but maybe required in some circumstances depending on the flights. I know the guys and girls in the back work very hard not all of them nationality dependent.

Regarding getting rid of sky chefs, your right they get paid practically about the same anyway, but have you ever tried asking a sky chef to adopt a different position on the aircraft? The chances are that they will not know where to find the kit and know the duties that are required. Ok you could say all is required is training ot bring them up to speed. I am good with that but take their position away and put to a cabin position.

If they are sky chefs they should have a passion for either 1 cooking in which case why are are they here when their skills are going down hill and I am know for a fact that they could earn more outside of the company then in the company. Or 2 they like traveling and the thrill of working with an airline with all of the temptations around!

Either way GF does not need them as their role but put them in another role if they would like to go then your right you do not need to get rid of the staff member just the position.

One of the other reasons that I responding is that why do we all including me have this attitude of it will never happen. Of course we all know that but how about we formulate plans to turn around this airline and present it to them of the ideas that we all share.

WE ALL MUST BE SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES BUT WHY SHOULD WE AS WE ARE NOT DOWNING THEIR PLANS JUST AIDING!

That is the sad bit from all of us.

Thanks ALL