PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2010, 15:57
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

Very good to see Ralph Kohn here on PPRuNe and making very valuable contributions to this thread. The ‘Three Fellows’ have consistently supported our view and have brought great credibility, insight and integrity to the cause. Welcome, Ralph, I hope that you, and your good lady, are well.

The only difference of opinion I, and the Campaign Group, have with the Three Fellows is that I don’t believe that the five knights should be granted an audience with ministers. The reasons are quite simple – the information that these so called honourable gentlemen wish to defend is the sole evidence upon which they base their verdict of gross negligence. If they are so confident that they have refused to move from their opinion for over fifteen years, why the need, now, to stand up and defend what they, and others, have written?

The Campaign Group is willing to hand every document over and let an independent Judge make a decision based upon the evidence placed before them (including the damning evidence from Boscombe Down), and accept the findings of the Judge, whether it be in our favour, or not. We are sufficiently confident in our own evidence and documentary collection to be able to do this. Why, not so the five knights? Do they have so little confidence in their own documentation? Do they now finally realise that it is clear to all that they have finally been rumbled?

May I remind the honourable gentlemen that their so called ‘absolutely no doubt whatsoever’ evidence has already been scrutinised at a time where two Air Marshals had the opportunity to be questioned on, and defend, their opinions, and that evidence was found wanting.

My question to the five knights is this – if you are so confident in your verdict, let it be examined without the need to plead its case. In addition, I challenge you to release the full Boscombe Down documentation in relation to the Chinook HC2 trials. The existence has finally been acknowledged, so put it in the public domain. Or does that seriously undermine your flimsy case further?

I also realise that time has moved on since the Tornado discussion. If anyone would still like to see the words of the Station Commander, please let me know and I’ll post them here.

Finally, I am pleased to let you, the MoD and the five knights know that we haven’t finished just yet! Keep those tin hats on and letters to the editors ready chaps!

My best, as always.
Brian

“Justice has no expiry date” – John Cook

Last edited by Brian Dixon; 21st Jan 2010 at 16:03. Reason: Lost count of the number of knights!