View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2010, 11:07
JennyB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav3,

Let's have a look at your history on this one:

3rd January

New Owners
Announcement to follow in next couple of days that a deal to sell the airport to a British consortium has now been agreed.

The Airport will become fully operational again on the 18th January, 2010 and will become a Cargo centre open 24/7 Monday through Friday with full ATC but weekend opening hours yet to be finalised after more discussion. GA will be encouraged, as will training.

Great news all round.

The only place where this has ever appeared is here, and as it appears you know of course that Airports and Councils are notoriously leaky with this sort of information.

4th January

New Owners
Happy Wanderer...and others...

On Friday evening I followed 2 'Suits in an executive car off the airport west entrance which came from down by the AFT area. They turned their car into the pub...so did I. They stood at the bar and ordered 2 meals from the '2 for a Tenner section' and said to the barman, " We can only afford that now we have bought the airport and this will be our local when we come up here so we hope the food is good".

I was stood at the side of them and they continued to explain briefly to him that hopefully the trade would get back to normal for him and the airport in the coming weks as they were anticipating opening for 'full cargo facilities on the 18th Jan". Barman casually asked what would it be used for and the replied "freight and General Aviation". He asked if airliners would come in again like Thomson and they said "never say never, but not anticipated'.

IMHO, there was no reason for them NOT to be who they were and no reason for them to say any more ...they certainly were not boasting about it. Other overheard snippets certainly made it plain to me they were who they appeared to be. They were CERTAINLY in the aviation business and certainly acted like 'big cheeses'. There were no other 'known aviator regulars' in there except for me at the time.

Nobody at the Council would confirm (OR deny) that today when I called and asked for it to be substantiated.

Have to say that very good of both yourself and the "suits" to be working on the previous Friday, New Years Day, dedication for all beyond the call of duty there.

5th January

Well guys & gals, as Dave from Royal family would have said "say what you see, see what you say", (though why he should say that I have absolutely no idea as it makes no sense at all to me). Anyway, I can only say what I heard (and saw) and don't worry Leofric, nobody will get me down...you can't upset me ! 0523 Cov Man...you can have a sniff next time I see you !!

However, watch out on here for some further interesting news in a couple of days time. I promise you will hear it here first !!

Interesting news in the next couple of days, awaiting it with some excitement and not a little joyous anticipation from the tenor of the post.

Following that another 1 post probationary ppruner who seems to back you up a little?

7th January

hear one of the flying schools on the airfield has gone in Liquidation today. Sign of the domino effect. Many more instructors now looking for work.

Truth indeed, very sad for Almat to go, Glynn and the rest really nice people,but from the sounds of it not the further interesting news that you promised before?

12th January

Breakfast News

I am at the moment in the Oak as when I came out of Atlantic yesterday from Ground school, my car wouldn't start so I stayed the night here and just got up for breakfast.

There are two guys in here....SAME TWO as before and an announcement WILL Be made either this afternoon OR latest tomorrow morning depending upon 'something'...... which I couldn't hear properly.

Something about completing due dilligence by the end of this week but exclusive until end of the month but don't think they will need to ?

One thing I CAN confirm is they are NOT selling Telly's !!

The two men in a pub make another appearance... and a few minutes later
.....still here just checking out....one of them is speaking French on the phone !! .....What do they speak in Switzerland ?

It IS happeneing....I tell you !!

A few hours later...

Oh dear...I must stop posting about the Teles in the Pub........

It seems the Swiss guy in the pub was 'doing an ET' and 'phoning Home'.

Friend of a friend at Coventry Council just sent me a text that says that 'there are people running around here like headless chickens this morning with egg on their faces as a Swiss company who WERE going to take the airport forward, have pulled out' this morning. She will try to find out more for me later but can't stop now as due back in ground school !!
18th January - The day of the grand re-opening..............Two guys go into a Pub, first one is overheard ordering from the 'Two for a tenner' menu and the second one is speaking in French again on the phone to someone.

THEY ARE BACK HERE - IN THE PUB - AS I AM WRITING THIS AT THIS MOMENT !! Same two guys, definitely about the airport and DEFINITELY meeting with CCC this afternoon. ....I can even tell you what they have ordered at the bar !

My friends friend at CCC tells me they have a scheduled meeting today with the foreign bidder and whilst the deal is NOT what was originally put forward, CCC are desperate for them to take it on apparently.

Also, overheard them saying to someone that the liquidators have told them and CCC that if a deal is not done by the weekend they will start selling the assets off frm the airfield !

Later that day..

JennyB

I can ASSURE you I am NOT on a wind up ! What I can assure you is if you read back the posts on the timeline on this thread and look at what has actually been announced, with regard to the 'new ownership' and also for that matter 'the demise of Almat Club', you will soon see that I AM in the 'ball park'.
With regards to the 'Two men in a pub' I can only pass on what I heard and ACTUALLY saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears. If it doesn't happen then please don't shoot the messenger.

This IS a rumour network and until anything IS signed, it remains JUST THAT! However, some posts have more strength than others and some of the drivel you read on hear is worthy of ' standup material'. (Maybe they could do it in a Brighton Bar ?

Anyway, just finished for the day now at Atlantic and just having a quiet pint without the Swiss Cheeses anywhere in sight. Can't find out if they are staying here tonight but who knows............

As you say Jenny, why would anybody want to go to Coventry when BHX is down the road ? Well, I once went to Brighton....and I would far sooner go elsewhere than there too,........... but each to their own.

Let's see what happens this week and if I hear anymore then I will let everyone know.

Apart from confusing me with another poster(unlike some don't have multiple log-ins), you now start to claim that you knew that Almat were going to close this obviously being your "interesting news", though think many knew about it on the day, and it seemed on that day that you had just heard about it.

I've said previously, have no problems with rumours, it's totally fiction that I have the problem with, and if anybody can read the above posts from Nav3 and think they have a real ring of authenticity then I've got a nice bridge in London that spans the Thames available for sale if you want it.

Wonder if any more probabationary ppruners with 1 post history will appear for support?