PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK PPL Lessons- how much do you pay?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2002, 06:45
Evo7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thump

I fly from Goodwood. It will certainly be quieter, especially midweek, and there's a (very friendly) flight information service, so not the strict ATC you're used too. Not much difference in price at either Goodwood Flying School (Pipers) or Vectair (Robins).

However, if I were you I'd probably stay where you are - I assume it's convenient, and there's not much point spending an hour or more in the car to save £20. It doesn't seem ideal for circuits, but you'll be done with them soon enough and I bet your RT is better than mine...

If you decide to stay put, it might still be worth having a couple of lessons 'elsewhere' at some point to experience flying in a different environment - that way you have some experience of Little Snoring's short grass runway and A/G service before you arrive there on your QXC. I'm thinking of taking a couple of lessons at Southampton before too long for just this reason. From your 'alternatives' I presume that's where you're learning? If so, I'd be interested in knowing what you think of the people you're learning with, if that's OK (e-mail probably best, otherwise BRL will probably delete me.... )

Regards,

Evo.