PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 20th Jan 2010, 09:09
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM,

For the THIRD time I will explain this:

Is BASSA the only one to blame? BASSA presented proposal (sic) which BA more or less refused to look at.
This is a BASSA lie. In response to BA's initial proposals, BASSA came back with their own set of proposals claiming they were worth 150 million or so.

BA had those proposals INDEPENDENTLY audited and the audit deemed them to be around the 54 million mark. So when you say "BA more or less refused to look at them", do you not realise how it sounds? Paying good money to a globally respected audit firm to do a detailed appraisal sounds nothing like "more or less refused to look at them"?

So let's go back to the truth shall we? It is BASSA who refused to even view a presentation on the financial state of the accounts; who threw a fit about a confidentially agreement to avoid looking at the actual company accounts when they were offered; who refused to negotiate once PWC had shredded their ludicrous and overstated savings claim.

BASSA are the liars here. All of the above are easily verifiable.

And worse, BASSA have been repeating this lie on their website, (their own document, which I quoted to you a couple of weeks ago, and which you also ignored) claiming that they offered savings of 175 million! Not only aren't they very good liars, but they can't remember what their previous lies were.

Our management has done nothing but lied straight into our faces and there's always been something up their sleeve. I have been here for almost 15 years and I can't think of a time when they have actually been honest to us. We call off the ballot and decide not to go ahead with the court hearing next month. Imposition remains and BA wins knowing that they can do anything they like without talking to us.
Actually they haven't lied at all. They told BASSA that if there were no negotiations, they would impose the changes. They did. They told BASSA the ballot was flawed and that they would leave themselves open to legal action.
BASSA called the strike. BA took legal action.

BASSA's case is now so weak BA don't NEED to lie. They can tell them everything they intended to do between now and the end of March, and -strike or not- there isn't a damned thing BASSA can do about it. Because they are weak, ineffectual, unprofessional and desperately trying to look after themselves and not their members.

You are simply cannon fodder to them.

BA still needs to save another £100 million. They will introduce a separate fleet at LHR and before we know it all of us will be in a redeployment process.
If that's what their management decide is needed to keep the company in business, then they have everyone's backing. BASSA lost every last iota of credibility with its malicious strike call in December.

If we give up now we will send a message of being weak and that is when they will knock us down for good.
IMHO they are trying to knock BASSA down for good. Because they are controlled with an iron fist by expensive, untrustworthy, troublesome, selfish and dishonest old timers who will do anything to cling on to their outdated, overpriced and poor value packages.

It's a chance to protect my job because if I don't the scenario above will happen which means the end to my career and BA would take that decision for me. If the fight for my job means that I will lose my job at least I would have tried.
You may think you are fighting for your job. If you sincerely think that, then BASSA have succeeded. To the rest of us, you are being sent over the trenches to fight someone else's battle.

I can only recommend you follow the lead of some of your wiser colleagues and consider quitting this hapless union and engaging BA in fruitful conversations about your mutual futures.

In case you haven't noticed, the whole of the company around you is together against BASSA.

Or to paraphrase Loopy Lizzie: "UNITED THEY STAND!".

Now finally: Unless you have any evidence to the contrary, can you stop with the lie that BA did not review BASSA's proposal, and accept the fact that BASSA have been lying about the amount of savings they offered ever since the audit report came out.

And can I suggest you at least explore what the PCCC have to offer rather than listen to the repetitive and destructive nonsense BASSA feed you.