PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 20th Jan 2010, 08:57
L337

the lunatic fringe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our management has done nothing but lied straight into our faces and there's always been something up their sleeve. I have been here for almost 15 years and I can't think of a time when they have actually been honest to us. You reach out your hand and they take your whole arm. If I could trust our management I wouldn't be voting for a strike and accept the imposition but they will always come back for more.
Whilst everyone lines up to trash BA Cabin Crew, what almost all outsiders, and allot of BA employees chose to forget is how extraordinarily badly Cabin Crew in BA are managed. As a BA pilot married to CC I get to see it first hand. It is staggeringly bad, and to some extent BA are reaping what they have sowed. Sadly they are also appallingly led by BASSA as well.

All of this has led to a workforce, badly demotivated, and unhappy in almost every conceivable way. You bet changes need to happen, but it would be nice to see BA move away from the mushroom school of management.

All this finger pointing is very easy, but at the same time a finger needs to be pointed at BA management as well. They have not covered themselves in glory.