PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2010, 04:11
alisoncc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but I give you (very) well remembered facts and you keep coming up with your own (wrong) versions. See below, aircraft GPU connectors which, incidentally, are nowhere near the starboard main gear doors, are angled rearwards to allow ........... Never mind.
You are entirely, completely and wholly correct.

My wooly brain was mixing up two unrelated events that seem to happen together quite regularly. One was hanging on the GPU connectors in an attempt to dislodge them, and the other was balancing on the main starboard bogies and hanging on to the undercarriage door whilst attempting to refasten one of the Dzus clips that held up the Green Satin aerial cover. On one of our aircraft these seemed to regularly spring out, much to the annoyance of the Crew Chief. The airframe fitters had replaced a few of them, but I think the cover may have been warped in some way. I think I still have one of those double thickness Dzus penny washer devices in my toolbox. Not that I use it much these days.

On an unrelated matter, remember going way up in the sky to replace some corroded connectors on the ILS antennas at the highest point of the Rudder/Tail Fin, but cannot remember what the ILS boxes looked like or where they were. We also had a Leader Cable install on one aircraft, but don't think it was useable.