PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2010, 23:02
penelope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Dear

i am so sorry!
I did not intend to insult the airline, or crew only the management who have allowed this to happen!!

I will try to addres your response in order, as i dont know you and as you are no longer cabin crew for BD i cannot comment on the Norton like position, this is purely an observation from todays experience on traveling on BD.

The airline has been short of cash due to Management policies, decisions and the Bish retirement fund, nothing to do with the passengers, why should they be penalised?

I do not think my comments are old fashioned, some crew members have slipped through the filtering system , i have been on flights where the FA,s cannot walk down the isle without bouncing off passengers as they go, doubtless they are wonderful people, however this is a problem, i am sure this does no apply to new hires, however i would respectfully suggest that this situation is reviewed, and does not turn into an AC or CO which of course are renowned for the consistancy of their cabin crew (dreadful)
(please dont go to the experience route, it is more lack of interest on their part)

I can assure you that i over 40 years i have always been a very pleasant passenger, and have had great sympathy with them in delay situations etc. after all we all want to get there asap, from a pax point of vew it is not our problem that the hours you operated that day resulted in four sectors, we paid the same price as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, sector so why should we be penalised? Again management-training problem.

The Lounge at Heathrow is too small at peak times,not serviced correctly in terms of cleanliness, regardless of who operates this facility it is promoted as a BD lounge , and yes i have written to BD!!!

I am delighted you dont have moved on from BD, unless you are fluent in German (in which case they might have you back!)

The crux of the matter is that BD let standards, service levels, and morale fall to rock bottom whilst servicing the Queens retirement fund.

Believe it or not i was once an FA, but with a better company, only did 5 years though, before i saw the light.

Penny X