PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 19th Jan 2010, 20:16
BAcrewboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a blooming mess!

Hey

I have not posted on here before, but have felt compelled to do so on this issue. Firstly, I would like to clear a few things up:

I am BA Eurofleet Crew - I work very hard for 20/21 days a month and do not believe that I am over-paid - I think I get fair pay for a job well done.

Having said that, I am dead against this strike. Last time around, I voted yes, and the union well and truly let me down and embarrassed me! Once bitten, twice shy - it will be a no from me this time!

I don't think that the majority will be as high as last time, but I do think, sadly, that it will be a majority yes.

Does anyone know already what safeguards will be put in place to ensure I can carry out my rostered duties without harrassment or bullying? I am a member of BASSA and, although I don't agree with what they are doing, they are the only people there to protect me in a disciplinary e.t.c.

I look forward to flying with some of you during the strike period - and please don't tar all of us crew with the same brush. I simply want to work to pay my bills! Lots of crew are not up for it this time!