PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 19th Jan 2010, 19:43
ciaotasso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are so naive

I do find it amazing that my colleagues are so naive as to not understand the strength of feeling against crew going on strike by the rest of the airline. I have been in training over the last few weeks and have heard so many negative remarks about crew. I'm ashamed that we collectively cannot see how lucky we are. All the ground staff have gone through re-organisations, had to re-apply for their jobs and many had to leave on VR. In the meantime we have been asked to work one crew member less on longhaul and our gatwick colleagues have already lower crew complements. We all know that its not alot harder with one crew member less.
In Waterside today the staff could not wait to volunteer to work as crew. There are so many ex crew who work all over the airline and there are short courses for them and they in particular are being targetted to support crew who like me will vote NO to a strike and will come to work - I for one will welcome the volunteers with open arms.
If there is a yes vote I dread to think what consequences there will be for us and Im assuming that we will be told what the consequences would be before we have to vote. I am really worried and feel that the UNITE union has acted appalingly. I'm alone in my views?