PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2010, 18:29
Dave Ed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Swamp Rats

Good to see you all! Some great anecdotes and pics on this thread. Just need somebody to write a book from the perspective of the guys out on the front line. It took me all weekend to browse through the thread, just to see what was here already.

This brings back memories of putting together the original "skyweaver" website, struggling with "old" modern technology. All done without broadband!! Some of those 50k images used to take me 30 minutes to upload on a 56k modem and a noisy BT internet connection.

Just spent two the last evenings getting my PPrune and Picture Bucket accounts up and running, not to mention trying to get my head around the complicated procedure for posting the pics

So, let's see if I have got the hang of this....

Swamp Rats

A short story by Kev Pickering ...

"Wessex ended up in a swamp after T/Rotor servo failure. Myself (KP) and three others were dispatched from Redhill to retrieve spares as Wessex spares were rare. We were given the name "Swamp Rats" and were presented with a wooden plaque carved by a BHL fixed wing pilot. This was to have gone above the bar in the Heli-Club but went missing."

Kev cannot remember the names but no doubt someone will. Is Kev a PPruner?? If not I'll send him an e-mail. I have another 60 odd pics of his on a disc so will drip feed them in as I get time.