PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 19th Jan 2010, 16:49
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll acknowledge Another Lurker's post 2354 [subject to amendments!] because what he says is important ...

My company used to spend about $35m p/a with BA, mainly on CW and F bookings, but that was 2-3 years ago when everything was rosy and you could choose BA over the other carriers when you were booking travel and no-one minded that they were a bit more expensive.
Last year we spent about $17m and it'll probably be less this year and the year after. I don't see us ever returning to the 'good old days' - we are now forced to use other, cheaper carriers; telepresence and actually getting travel signed off in the first place are all other factors in the reducing numbers above.
Does anyone in BASSA see the reality in any of this? The World has changed, and it will change even more. Honestly, some people should be VERY afraid about the future of BA and their jobs. It WILL happen if the wrong people make the wrong decisions.