PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Pilots to ballot on strike action
Old 19th Jan 2010, 15:12
jetopa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being envious is a German speciality - that's so true, unfortunately.

I couldn't care less about my LH-colleagues' salaries. Somebody is paying them. It will all be over as soon as LH cannot get the ticket fees they're asking for any longer and/or load factors start going south.

So far, VC has been a very effective lobby organization for their LH-dominated clientèle and it has been right in doing so in principle. There is a tendency of underpaying aviation enthusiasts who would 'fly for food'. And I find recently published examples of poorly trained and not adequately rested/paid regional pilots rather alarming, who fail to do the right thing when encountering ice during approach...

High salaries are no guarantee for good pilots, but for the boarding passengers it must be comforting to know that the term ' low cost' did not apply to flight crew training or maintenance.

Should more companies have strong unions as VC? Probably. But egoism and a general lack of solidarity are quite common as well, so this will never happen.

So, let's lean back and enjoy the show as LH pilots start start flash mobbing in FRA, whining about their ridiculous low pay and holding posters in the air, demanding 'top pay for top performance'. Excellent timing, guys & gals.