PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 19th Jan 2010, 14:31
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't worry so much about the Interview format. Generally speaking, they want to see if you are a decent person with good interpersonal skills. Naturally there is some emphasis put on 'knowledge' and handling skills as well.

Just be yourself! Work with your team-mates, don't be overly ''anything''..... in other words be tolerant, don't express viewpoints that might be considered a tad extreme and above all else, interact with everyone around you.

If you are a good guy, EK will take note. If you are a nutcase, generally speaking EK will take notice of that too because they are actually pretty good at recruiting here. I rarely fly with someone who I either detest or consider to be a 'whack-job', which is a credit to their recruitment procedures.

Granted, there have been a few short periods....... oh how do I say this........ when EK were hiring some less than desirable candidates. It was a function of the number of applicants versus the 'required' number of successful candidates. We are definitely entering into one of those phases again, so even if you are a bit of an odd-ball, you still stand a good chance of success, haha.

Your biggest question SHOULD be, ''Do I really want to go to Emirates''. If you have made up your mind, then best of luck to you and hope to see you on the line sometime.