PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria is hiring!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2010, 12:43
parisjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aamandani, before commencing with the TR, please contact the CP or head of ops to findout what exactly they want you to have cover on the TR course, with that info Pan Am or Aeroservice can structure the course to what VN want. If you have time, you should pop over to Nigeria and see them in person, and if you can get some sort of written agreement stating you'll have a job guaranteed on completing your TR. This industry and requirements change so quickly.They may turn round and say we have met our quota for B737 - 300 crews, we only need EMB crew for now. I've been unlucky in that respect and I'd hate to see you go through the same dilema having spent a lot of money. These are just scenarios to lookout for. There is a lot of advice on this site, but the best advice would come from the Airline itself. Not to put you off, have a look at the number of views on this "Virgin is Hiring" post. A lot will of the viewers will already have a B737 -300 rating with time on type, or an EMB TR. Quite a few I know will be from FlyGlobespan which went bust recently, and are now available for work. If you use the rule of thumb for Pilot to aircraft ratio used by most airlines, this equals roughly 7 Cpt to 7 FOs per jet. Anyway I think you stand a very good chance being Nigerian, so give it ago but not without doing your research.