PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Old Should a Flight Attendant Be?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2010, 11:49
doors2womanual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the most fascinating flights I went on was Air Canada LHR-YYZ. Average age of crew .....about 60?
I swear Nancy Reagan served me in economy. The bar trolley was like an adaptation of a zimmer frame! My brother had his knuckles rapped for daring to press his call bell! He then went into the galley to ask for a beer and was told he had already had one and had reached his quota for the flight!
Virgin (only did once return to BGI) crew looked v gorgeous, but I was rather worried when, after take off the senior crew member said in her welcome p.a. "only press your call bell in an emergency"!!! So, would that be in the case of a ditching, decompression or full blown clearly catastrophic??!!!
Personally, I think a complete mixture of ages, sex, experience, nationality makes for the very best room party!
All in all, it's the most wonderful industry to work in and having just left my once fab job I feel pretty well equipped to say that it is the people, flight crew and cabin crew that make it that way!