PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B, Stuff that I have found.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2010, 09:27
gupta

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely not specifically aimed at Frank, but he posted:
However if I choose to fly OCTA /class G where there is no current need for ATC surveillance, in my own little aeroplane, and never set foot in CTA, exactly, what will it do that my mode C transponder viz the TCAS in the RPT doesn't already do to keep the poor bloody travelling public feeling safe from nasty people in little aeroplanes who dare to fly on the same day they want to.
I'm trying to only gently put a spanner in the works here, so please be open to my post.

The world is constantly changing...the freedoms we had a generation ago were not set in holy writ. Where is it in the Bill of Rights (that we don't have - yet) that there is any freedom to fly around in the air - B050 or not - above land that we don't personally own. Airspace rights do still exist for property owners. Binghi the flying lawyer should be able to confirm the concept.

You can't jump in your E49 Charger/Porsche 911/Lamborghini and roar around anywhere on other people's land, nor can you drive on the road without complying with ever-increasing regulations. I don't necessarily concur with all this "nanny state" stuff, but what super-privilege does owning an aircraft give you?

BTW I am not ATC, I do hold a PPL, but right now I do not own an aircraft. But I do own a rather nice, powerful loud car (worth more that the old Piper Cub) - why can't I drive it anywhere I want?

Because there are other people in the world that may be affected by my actions, that's why. Same with your B050, boring holes in the sky, or wandering around wherever the fancy takes you. You don't know to whom or how you may be of interest.

Just a thought.