PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 19th Jan 2010, 07:46
AirborneSoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bases & transfers

I've never heard of any crew wanting to transfer to BNE because of the pairings... Transferring because they want to live there, return there because they used to live there, have family there yes....because they like the rosters...no. What constitutes a good trip is very individual. BNE & MEL have a lot of 4 day trips which is something I don't want. Pairings are forever changing as well. Not everyone wants a transfer to BNE...

I don't think it will ever be a case of no recruitment in BNE ever again. Not unless they intended to close the base, which they are not. Every month crew leave for various reasons and they will have to replace them. There won't always be enough crew on transfer lists to cover this and it won't always be in the company's interests to effect transfer lists either.

It's happened before that people have applied for a different base to get hired thinking they will transfer later. Only to find recruitment in their home town occured a few months down the track and they couldn't get a transfer back there. Transfers are always conditional on operational requirements and at your own expense.