PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B757 vs A321
Thread: B757 vs A321
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2010, 03:24
PantLoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dreamland...

In my humble opinion, the 321 is easiest to land....the 319 is the hardest. The 320 is in the middle.

But, as far as handling in general, the 319 is great...like driving a nimble BMW.

All things equal, I prefer the Boeing. But, the Bus has some nice things about it. First, it's more comfortable, both for pilots and passengers.
I've flown in the back of the 757, 767, 777, 330, 340, 321, etc. From a passenger standpoint, Airbus is the clear winner in terms of passenger comfort.

Second, I got to love the FBW. But, I confess, it took this old guy some time to get used to it. Don't know about the handling of the B-777 FBW.....maybe Boeing's FBW is better....don't know.

Third, the FMS on the Bus is tremendous. Flew old Boeing 'boxes'....junk, compared to the Bus technology.

The 321 is a poor comparision to the 757....but, the initial acquisition cost and the operating cost are much less on the 321. My old company operated both....the 757 is quite versatile.

I've watched AA land in St. Thomas...1/3 the way down the runway...and still stop and turn off well before the end. Can't do that on the Bus.
Those who fly the 757 say it's a great short-field airplane.

Airbus is like this....the 340 is a poor comparison to the B-747....the 330, a poor comparison to the B-777. And, the 321, a poor comparison to the B-757. But, they're cheaper to buy, cheaper to operate. But, on the Bus, the FMS and FBW are great, the comfort is great....

My opinion....

Fly safe,

PantLoad