PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 18th Jan 2010, 22:27
La Pouquelaye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA always wins any media war simply because passengers need to get to their destinations.
There is no "media war" here, but you have already lost any possible sympathy from the flying public because of the threatened Christmas strike. The threat of a further strike inherent in a decision to declare another strike will really kill off any support at all for you and your mates.

I can't actually think of any cabin crew strike which has had a 100% public support.
I can't think of any public support for a cabin crew strike that was deliberately timed to cause as much inconvenience to as many people as possible at the worst time of the year. One hundred per cent support? You will ber lucky to get even one per cent support from the people whose plans you have blighted.

Most of us know that UNITE receives a lot of membership fees every month and many also think that UNITE should get on with contacting the media and get their side of the story published.
Rest assured that a main headline in all tomorrow's newspapers, and in every radio and television news bulletin will feature the s*** bulletin from your oh-so-sophisticated union. Miss Lala's clumsy retraction won't feature; she cannot swallow words already published by the BASSA propaganda machine.

Maybe UNITE is acting too late.
Now you tell us! Unite/BASSA/Amicus (perm any one out of three) has been on the back foot since the last visit to the High Court.

As I have said in previous posts I don't always agree with everything they are doing. The last ballot last year was a huge fiasco and it's not the first time BASSA has made a mistake.
It's a bit late to tell us that now, MissM. And clearly BASSA just can not or will not learn from its mistakes. Your union bosses don't care a flying fig about you; it's their own livelihoods and their Calfornia condominiums they lose sleep over. And why does the membership continue to support a union that continues to make mistake after mistake after mistake? You can't all be that stupid.

I don't want to strike
Really? You have been one of the most militant, pro-strike and anti-BA contributors to this thread.

the thought of possibly doing it is sickening to say the least. It would be a great relief if BA and UNITE could come to an agreement tonight or tomorrow.
At last something sensible and constructive from MissM.