PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestige Jet- All Merged Threads
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2010, 21:36
EX TERMINATOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bherald,
I do not know your background or profession, nevertheless here is my response.
In this industry documenting the work in details is of an extreme importance, where any one performing any task on the aircraft has to document it in the log book with authentication, and authorization. This would safeguard the aircraft maintenance history as well the mechanic's track record of tasks he/she will have been performing, and hence the accumulated experience which is needed for licensing, and upgrade purposes. In order to document and stamp the tasks in the log book, a worker has to be qualified (licensed and type rated). This was not the case at PJ. No one could have his/her work documented because of the lack of licensure and/or type rate. The unauthorized and unqualified mechanics spent months and months working on the aircraft , which was a serious violation and never documented such work which was another serious violation. The second was the cause for the "lost experience" as the mechanics could not officially present the tasks to the auditors or authorities or claim that they had experience on this or that type of aircraft. This affected the mechanics morale severely. The problem is still existing with more violations, frustrations and morale deterioration.
I hope this clears your point.