PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 18th Jan 2010, 21:00
wascrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luddites

As former crew i cant believe my colleagues are being taken in by this bunch of Luddites (unite) and help you lot ruin what we all worked so hard to create in previous years.
Bottom line guys good days are over time to change or go the way of Pan Am and others! Alternatively, let Willie put the airline into andministration and have to re-apply under new contracts which you wont want i`m sure.
Have BASSA ever told you what their proposals to BA were? Historically they have always said they had alternatives but never said what they were. DId you know they never signed the Long Range Agreement saying it wasn`t good enough? But NEVER said if they had an alternative I suspect the same here. Please enlighten me/us as to BASSA alternatives to the companies proposals
As i see it you will maintain your current salaries but loose out on earnings on Long Range routes that will be crewed by the new fleets. Promotion opportunities will return to the ``dead mans shoes`` days of old unless you move to the new fleet so your decision!
I have flown a lot recently on my concessions and i`ll tell you not all of you are as good as you think you are , from the lack of knowledge of routines and standards to the very much lack of intereaction with your customers. When i travel i ask for nothing but the basics and i will tell you that was mainly all i got, if that!!
It seems BASSA did not do the best of jobs re tax on allowances as well but I have to say that too many tend to make the mistake of living on max earnings (mortgage/car/loans/credit cards etc) so that any drop in earnings is not sustainable.
There is no public sympathy here! Your salaries versus the competitors ( whom there are plenty who can beat BA both in cost and service on nearly all routes)are well publicised and the timing of these strikes is lamentable and guaranteed to alienate the travelling public who, i will remind you, actually pay the wages!!!! This action should you vote to take it will be irreperable for the company in it`s current form. You should bear that in mind!!!
Pin Lever I might even come out of retirement too tho Ill go for the 5 day singapore please!