PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B, Stuff that I have found.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2010, 20:50
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roll out the barrel, the gang's all here.

Oowen. You won't get an arguement out of me regarding the future generation of radar replacement. Thing is nobody wants to talk to me if I'm not in "the system" now where there is radar, so why would they suddenly put me into the "system" while I'm flying B050 100 miles west of Oodnadatta. Unless of course Airservices can make money out of it by mandating us poor bloody aircraft owners fit it at our expense and put us "in the system"? Yes King Billy will make money some how, even if he gets his minions to call people names on public forums.

Could have been subsidised but killed off by luddites, tightarses and fools
People like myself had a right to be skeptical of freebies and said so. Proved we were right and the whole "subsidy" thing was a big confidence trick. I am on record, as are many others, in saying we actually supported the ADSB concept as an evolutionary and technological advance on existing radar.

Who killed it? (if anybody actually did something to something that never existed in the first place). Well, it was people putting the cart before the horse in calling for it to be mandated before the subsidy was actually in hand. Ring any bells?

BTW, I'm writing an ATCO's dictionary to help people when they fly into CTR, and I'm confused about a few words that all seem to mean the same thing. Perhaps you can help me?

Luddites:
Tightarses:
Fools:
Tools- this one is very popular.

They all seem to mean "I don't agree with your right to an opinion and I hope you all get the mange" because I'm an important ATCO with a monastical agenda and I get paid to yell at people.

ecovictim;

A basic TCAS unit would be better value
Crikey. That would be an expensive fit for my 258 kt Pissner super super Cub super zot!