PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SriLankan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2010, 20:11
UL312

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KFlyer my friend you always come up with weired theories with no or very little facts.

1. UL is not equipped for Boeing and there is a significant cost of introducing a new aircraft type. The 343/345/332 can be flown by the same crew member with minimum training. And UL is already certified for airbus maintenance.

2. I Agree 100% on the rock bottom lease prices for the 345s which will save a hell of a lot more then 7mil for the airline if they can fly good loads.

3. 777L although it has the range it is very heavily weight restricted ( do a bit of reading and you will find the answers) when flying longer routes.

4. I really don't think UL will get the 345s. So stop blaming and spreading rumors and ask your mole in the company to give you good and valid facts.

5. Filling up first and business class. Well if you offer a good product people will come.

Just a note about the two trip reports. The first one was spot on he covered everything (good and bad) and I think he did give a very clear picture of how things are. The second person just wanted to bash UL. UL asks the pax to come three hours early, if he/she was late its not ULs problem.His/Her weight was high so it was not ULs fault again (32kilo bag limit is a safety regulation). He wanted to goto NRT direct and he did (regardless of what the sign boards said). AKA he got what he paid for.Immigration has nothing to do with UL. Usually Sunday leader articles are better than this. This was just a lame attempt.