PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 18th Jan 2010, 19:59
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so what do the cabin crew think to willie walshs' letter asking everyone to train as cabin crew should the strike go ahead? This is desperate action which won't fix the problem in the long term!
Will BA employees stand united?
As others have already said, I think you're wrong. It could very well fix the problem in the long term, once and for all! As for wondering whether BA employees will stand united? It certainly looks like it from what I'm seeing here, but I don't think we're necessarily talking about the same group of employees.

However, I do have some serious concerns regarding our volunteering pilots, having taken over a few aircraft that have been playing up in the wilds of Prestwick. (Easily recognisable by the flooded front galley and the fact that all the call bells are lit.)

Pilots, I'm sure you'll have no problems with the safety side of things. If you can figure out what the heck ATC are talking about, then the operation of a BCF or Defib should be no problem. However, you'll find the brewers work much better in the whole tea/coffee scenario, if you actually put the pot under them before you switch them on! And call bells are NOT toys and do NOT make the plane fly faster! I know that's hard to believe, but it's true.

While I hope for everyones sake that it doesn't come to it, if the worst happens and another strike is declared, I too, look forward to flying with you all.

Jsl