PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 18th Jan 2010, 19:54
legandawing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Lurker as I don’t often post on here I have no idea how to use the “Quote” function!

Firstly understand that my post is to show you guys just how much you are placing your own jobs in jeopardy, having worked onboard with you all the last thing I want is to see any pain caused to crew irrespective of how hard line BASSA they are. Whilst on the subject I also agree that peoples perceptions of the role are somewhat naive.
To manage the expectations of some 300 people for “X” amount of hours is no easy task, not even going any where near the safety and medical stuff involved..... Yes been in the army is tough I know from personal experience as a trained RGN practitioner, but those skills have nothing to do with managing the expectations/emotions/needs of such a diverse mix of pax that the BA crew work with.

What I was trying to say is that if they call back Ex temps and bring in new crew, they would have possibly 600 new staff on new contracts, able to work to CAA minimum crew! This would make some way to keep the operation going along with the existing staff and those who choose to work!

Force BASSA to negotiate a deal that works for all

Last post and will continue to read with interest