PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 18th Jan 2010, 19:34
legandawing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex Temps

There are 200+ ex temp crew who are in the hold pool in addition to the general hold pool. These guys are fully checked out in terms of 5 year history and would only need the CRC check, which when I called today they said could be turned around in 10 days (as we have all had the checks done in the past 24 months) take in to account notice period and the 6 days training needed for Ex temps, BA could have some 200+ crew on New Temp contracts, and in the main have other flying experience.

I fully understand why existing crew want to keep their T&C’s but this has now gone way too far. I hope they do call us temps back, and hope that we could help keep this iconic brand alive and kicking...

Be warned 200 ex temps ready in a matter of 2 weeks and another 400+ within 6-8 weeks! As well as the existing staff...

Would the ex temps be considered as experienced, if they have not been away from BA for more than 3 years and have previous flying experience? (Under CAA rules)