PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria is hiring!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2010, 19:32
parisjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BALEWA, As far as I was aware matey, this site was devised for all involved in aviation to voice their opinions, and that's what I'm doing here. It's information that everyone wants from a very good site like this, so if I have some good or bad info I'll share it, thereafter you can make up your own decisions. All I stated were facts I heard from several Pilot friends who just left the company for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I wasn't putting the company down, I'm actually hoping they pull out of their chaotic situation. What may actually save them, is if they concentrate on making their fleet all EMB, which will reduce their attrition rate to other carriers as they are the only operators of the type. With the B737-300, Pilots will always be tempted to jump ship wherever the offer is better elsewhere, thus causing a vaccum as it is at the moment. VN will I think target low houred chaps with hardly any flight time, then get them to finance the type rating with perhaps a bond, guaranteeing at least 2 years usage out of their Pilots. Experienced guys with TR's may be currently out of a job, but once a better offer comes about, they'll hope. The answer is to invest in Nigerian citizens, which I agree takes time, but in the long run will save these carriers which are improving continually but face bigger challenges.

Last edited by parisjet; 18th Jan 2010 at 23:30.