PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 18th Jan 2010, 18:31
GearUp CheerUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ex crew member we have been told that there will be courses but no dates. There is an issue about uniforms as we wont be able to get one and no time to train in first aid but the pilots will help us out with first aid.

We will be trained to open and close the doors. The trained cabin crew will be able to do the inflight service and we will reassure the customers. It should be a good jolly and I can not wait. We will only be doing doors as the pilots are creating now. What the pilots now need to know is that we are BA managers and will be managing the situation as required. I won't be taking any rubbish from cabin crew or pilots. I will be managing and that is it. We are managers volunteering and deserve the respect we are due.
Well, you might find that once on the aircraft the Captain will decide who takes any rubbish from who, or not, as the case may be.

I also think, you'll need to up the quality of your communication skills if you're to command much 'respect', sport.