PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence is at a crossroads - The Times
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2010, 15:05
GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhizzzWheel. Clearly I did misunderstand you and misattributed to you a gift for comedy. Sorry about that.

You see, to be comprehended, you really need to avoid writing things like

It is, of course, absolutely correct that we should have a military equipped for all eventualities that may befall the shores or interests of this island, in the absence of any dependence on our allies
in close formation with

unfortunately we are a few billion quid short of this mark

To my, no doubt, simple loggie mind, that averages out as pretty negative and will result in "gaps". To that, my salient point remains

What we should be transmitting to the Government, wall to wall fives, is that they should be increasing the Budget, not mortgaging the assets and capabilities that are essential to an island Nation with significant possessions and responsibilities overseas.
That was my answer to the question you had not yet asked

I'd also like to know your take on the allocation of (insufficient) funding, would you find it preferable to hamstring current ops in order to prepare for a potential/imagined threat?
Now if I could be tedious and re-ask my earlier question, prompted by your

The fact of the matter remains that the first priority with limited resources has to be current commitments, with future plans remaining a firm second until that priority is firmly met.
What is the prime objective in the ‘Stan that makes everything else secondary?

Last edited by GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU; 18th Jan 2010 at 15:16.