PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MHS is anyone else as frustrated as me?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2010, 12:40
spannermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad I no longer have to put up with the problems you guys still have to. I have to admit in the 12 years that we used MQ's, both airman and officer types we only had one property that would be classed as good, the rest (7 of them) were cr@p. That does not include the numerous ones we turned down when moving due to various problems. In the end we got so fed up that at my last unit my wife broke down in tears in the DE office on camp. Our furniture was on the drive, the house offered had not had the repairs required carried out despite being reminded about them several times, which they said they would get done (rusty and pointy gates, poor kitchen fittings, crappy decoration, dirty overall, a dangerously unsafe coal bunker that was falling down, bath stained and rusty, along and numerous other issues). All of this resulted in my saying to the DHE/MHS pleb that as they had failed to meet the agreed conditions of our move-in, I would now under the regulations for allocation, like a MQ above my entitlement as they could not provide one that I was entitled to and which was of a suitable standard. I also said that unless they sorted this out in the next 10 mins I would be booking my family into a hotel (nice expensive one) our pets into a boarding kennel and and would eat out every night then pass them the bill and would do so untill the situation was resolved to my satisfaction as I was p@ssed off at being messed around by DHE/MHS. I also said that as my wife did not fall under military regulations she may just feel the need to make a call to a newspaper of some low but useful reputation to explain her situation. All of this was on top of already turning down 2 other MQ's due to them being rubbish. Following the usual 'but we don't have any spare MQ's for you blah blah blah' and my doing the old talk to the hand, funny old thing 10 mins later we were given the keys to an MQ, just as I was dialing the number for the local posh hotel!

While I can look back and chuckle, at the time it was beyond a joke. When you have to go to such lengths to obtain a house that to be frank is still far below the standard expected.

Just play them at their own game and call their bluff.