PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence is at a crossroads - The Times
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2010, 11:07
Metman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe it is a horses Vs tanks moment, but I read his statement almost as advocating replacing tanks with horses, rather than the other way around! You'd never guess he was an Army man, would you...

Guzlin, I'd agree about not trusting politicians, but I'd argue that the senior ranks are as political as the worst of politicians now.

Defence needs more money. Full stop. We need to fight the war we're fighting, yes! We also need to protect the bloody country and remember what the point of defence is! Why the hell generals / admirals / air marshals are trying to get one over on each other and even offering cuts in baseline capability god only knows! Man up, pull together, and say NO to the bloody politicians! Defence is peanuts now in the grand scheme of things!

It strikes me that this country, and the organisations and companies in it (and I count my ex-employer in that list) have failed and completely lost sight of their core business and reason for being, and got completely distracted by fluff and triviality and targets and mission statements and crap!