PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Male passenger sues BA
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2010, 09:42
cyclops16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As SLF it seems there is possible legal argument either way.All the situation required was a little common sense.But it is very apparent that it has become an anti-male society whether it is currently PC or not, or Harriet Harman on her crusades that is putting us down.
Please allow me to go on a tangent.
I am a Male 40 something full-time single parent with 3 girls under 11.I have been on my own with them for almost 7 years when the youngest was 2. I am also a School Governer and hold an Enhanced CRB. Yet I am treated with what could be described as contempt when buying such items as underwear for my kids and have been abruptly questioned by sales staff to the effect of was I sure as to what I was buying as it was little girls items.After one such "interrogation" that was rather brutal as the sales assistant raised her voice so the other (female) shoppers could hear. I took out my Court Orders which I keep in my wallet which state my Parental Responsibility and Residence Orders for my girls until they are 18 and made the sales assistant read them then I walked out in disgust as it appears the S*x Discrimination Act doesn't work both ways when being a parent.I hate being treated as a potential Peado and I will take to task any company,corporation or civil dept(council,etc) who suggest anything of the sort. It wasn't my fault as a Male I ended up as a single parent. I stood up to the plate and took responsibility for my kids instead of them going into care after their Mother left.Yet, I am constantly fighting a wall of officialdom because of my gender as the system expects a single parent to be Female.
Sorry that it turned into a rant I apologise. But this Government and it's PC attitude, it's hate of Males over the years and the companies who expand on PC policy and then the litigators who get rich off it really P*ss me off and I feel like a 3rd or 4th class citizen who is always under suspicion from big brother and it's policies.

Last edited by cyclops16; 18th Jan 2010 at 10:38. Reason: Spelling error