PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK study visa.....''Mayday Mayday Mayday''
Old 18th Jan 2010, 08:46
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jez_d

Most/all of our students are studying for JAA licenses and intend to work in the EU. If they have the right to work in the EU they don't need a student visa.

The usual reason why FTOs need to get immigration approval is that they have contracts for groups of students from outside the EU who are studying for JAA compliant licenses, typically from the Gulf States.

We asked the CAA to act as the accrediting body because otherwise the FTO has to operate two quality systems in parallel, one for each quango. I think they looked at it for a while and were very happy to find a reason to avoid the extra work, can't remember what it was now. As it happens both audit systems appear to be lax enough to allow this shambles to continue and FTOs that are operating to two different sets of rules don't seem to have any problems. Pure Noo Labour.

wicked approach - I'm sorry we can't help you. I would echo the comments of previous posters, though. Before you start spending money you really need to establish that you will have the right to work in the EU, otherwise it will all be wasted.