PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are male passengers perverts?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2010, 05:10
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Policy Aside

A Policy set up by BA is their Prerogative taking into account the times/litigious society we live in. However am I missing something here...........

His wife, who was six months pregnant, had booked a window seat which she thought would be more spacious. Mr Fischer was in the middle seat between her and a 12-year-old boy.
Have people not been taught to gauge the situation before enforcing policy blindly???

If the steward thought the man in question was a threat in spite of sitting next to his pregnant wife then switching seats in my opinion would not have helped as this would imply that his pregnant wife in the first place would have assisted or condoned his behavior if he so chose to molest the child by simply leaning over her. Apparently her presence or for that matter a third persons presence is not an adequate deterrent.! If that was the case then BA should amend their policy to read "No Children to be seated in the same row as a un related male!"

My personal opinion all policy written by a lawyer that BA hired of the thrift line (probably an ambulance chaser) to save a few bucks and enforced by an inadequately trained crew member.