PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2010, 21:56
34R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definately overstaffed but not sure about 200+ S/O's over the top. Still closer to the 100 - 150 mark IMHO..... may very well be wrong though!
With new routes for the 330, looks like that fleet will actually require more numbers but would imagine they will be assigned from the 400, which will start its planned scale back this year. (These are second officer numbers I'm talking about)

Until there is any sort of a sustained global recovery, and there are small signs things are starting to pick up for what it's worth, or the 60 plus' decide to cash in their chips and make way for those below, I can't see any hiring for years to come. If redundancies eventuate, those that are affected will be first cab off the rank when it comes to re-hiring. At its busiest, training wise, QF put on about 150 - 180 S/O's in the span of about 12 to 18 months. Given anyone made redundant will require 6 months notice, however long till they are put back on and time taken to train however many are affected, we are talking years I think.... but again, that's IMHO

Virgin and Jet* are putting on considerable numbers this year. Instead of waiting for the QF train, which isn't even moving at the moment, perhaps an application with those two may yield more fruitful results.

Best of luck to those affected, both waiting to see if they keep their jobs and those waiting to get one.